- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, celery and butternut squash and sauté until the onions and celery are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and roasted red peppers; stir 1-2 minutes.
- Add thyme, red pepper flakes, salt and vegetable broth; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until squash is soft, about 45 minutes.
- Purée in a food processor, until smooth. Return puree to pot.
- Thin soup with more broth if desired. Ladle soup into bowls.
- Top each bowl with 1 tablespoon of the roasted red pepper purée and a light drizzle of butternut squash seed oil.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of fresh thyme. Caution: when puréeing hot soup in a blender or food processor, do so in small batches, filling the blender pitcher only about halfway.
- Put the lid on, but remove that small cap in the lid (if you have it) and hold the lid down tight with a towel.
- Puree all ingredients in processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper
Share and get 5% off!
Simply share this product on one of the following social networks and you will unlock 5% off!